Dear SPTE Participants,
The SPTO team wish to inform you that the 2020 South Pacific Tourism Exchange (SPTE), scheduled for 25th – 26th May in Christchurch, is CANCELLED.
This is due to the continued spread and serious developments pertaining to the COVID- 19 pandemic. The relevant travel restrictions enforced by the New Zealand Government and elsewhere in the world have greatly impacted the viability of the event and the work plan of our Marketing Division for the remainder of 2020.
Any further queries should be directed to email@example.com
SPTE 2020 CANCELLED! SPTE 2020 CANCELLED! SPTE 2020 CANCELLED!
The Pacific Tourism Organisation (SPTO) brings to you the 7th South Pacific Tourism Exchange (SPTE) which will be held on;
Date: 25th – 26th May, 2020
Venue: Airforce Museum, Christchurch, New Zealand.
The 2020 South Pacific Tourism Exchange is co-hosted by the Pacific Tourism Organisation and New Zealand Māori Tourism.
The South Pacific Tourism Exchange is timed to enable buyers and sellers to attend the following events:
- Australian Tourism Exchange (ATE) from 8th to 14th May, 2020 at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre;
- Tourism Rendezvous New Zealand (TRENZ) from 18th to 21 May, 2020 in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Fijian Tourism Expo from 04th to 06th May, 2020 in Denarau.
SPTE, once again, offers you a unique kaleidoscope of pristine, exotic, and uncrowded, under discovered and distinct cultures and traditions of beautiful Pacific Island and Māori tourism experiences, all in one place.
We welcome you to meet, engage and forge lasting and fruitful relationships with international travel and trade partners from across the globe (Australia, New Zealand, United States, Europe, UK, Asia).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity!
The concept of the South Pacific Tourism Exchange (SPTE) was born due to the need to offer a one-stop shop to you, our valued international travel partners to meet our regional tourism products and suppliers from the islands. It offers the convenience of meeting all Pacific island destinations and a cost-effective platform for our Pacific Island partners to travel from all corners of the Pacific Ocean to Auckland, New Zealand to exchange their exciting products to you, our international buyers from all across the globe.
The SPTO successfully launched and executed a regional tourism and trade event for the Pacific islands and its first South Pacific Tourism Exchange in Auckland, New Zealand in May 2014.
The SPTE 2020 is targeting 90 international buyers to meet and network with over 90 tourism operators (National tourism offices, ITOs, regional airlines, hotel operators, tour and excursion operators etc) from SPTO’s 20 Pacific Island member countries including American Samoa, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Nauru, Marshall Islands, Niue, New Caledonia, Papua New Guinea, Rapanui Island, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Timor Leste, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna.
As a registered BUYER, SPTE 2020 presents to you the following opportunities:
- Direct marketing appointments with exhibitors representing Pacific Islands hotels/resorts, inbound tour operator, airline and other key tourism partners;
- In-depth product training;
- Strengthening partnership with key Pacific Islands and New Zealand tourism operators;
- Adding value to your participation at ATE and/or TRENZ 2020; and
- Most importantly, a means to help growing your business to the South Pacific.
For registered SELLERS, SPTE 2020 offers the following opportunities:
- Access to up to 75 international wholesalers and tour operators enthusiastic about growing their business into the South Pacific;
- Media and PR exposure through the SPTE media programme;
- Market intelligence and growth strategy feedback via pre-scheduled appointments; and
- Strengthening of network with travel and tourism partners from around the region.