Who can Register as a Buyer
Registrations are open to all wholesalers, travel agencies and OTAs that sell and package Pacific Island products. This is also open to those agencies that maybe new to selling the Pacific Islands and are keen to explore opportunities to forge networks and business with tourism operators from the Pacific region.
What is the Registration Fee
Buyer registration fees FJD$400.00 per company with maximum 2 delegates for 1 per appointment. This will include:
- 2 Morning teas, 2 lunches and 2 afternoon tea during appointment session days;
- Welcome cocktail (8th May); Cocktail Day 1 and Day 2 (9th and 10th May);
- Up to 39 prescheduled appointment per delegate over 2 days;
- Delegate registration pack including SPTE Guide, Appointment schedule etc;
- Up to 39 appointment 15 minute appointment slots.
CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTRATION: Monday, 11th March 2019
Registrations are CLOSED now!
Please Read Instructions Carefully when Registering.
To register and be a part of this great event, you only need to follow and complete the steps:
- Click here to complete and submit your registration;
- Registration and Buyers biography information must be completed and submitted together. Please ensure to streamline your company biography to fifty (50) words. Registration to attend SPTE is subject to the approval by the SPTE Committee, who has the discretion to screen all incoming registrations. Registration to attend SPTE is subject to the approval by the SPTE Committee, who has the discretion to screen all incoming registrations.
- Applicants must understand that all communication between themself and the SPTE Secretariat are via emails which include updates on SPTE.
- Should your email address change after you register, SPTE Secretariat must be informed of change immediately. To avoid non receipt of SPTE emails you should NOW adjust your email system to accept emails from email@example.com
- The SPTE Secretariat will come back to you on email within 4days of receipt of your registration to provide your invoice and advise you on the deadline for your payment.
- Due to limited spaces, you are recommended to make payment before the deadline date noted on your invoice.
- Failure to do so will deem your registration invalid and this will be cancelled automatically. Securing your space as a Buyer is only confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- 50% cancellation fee will apply if you cancel after the appointment schedule is open and 100% cancellation fee will apply if you cancel after the appointment schedule is close.
- All payment can be made by credit card (Visa, MasterCard) cheque or online payment. All payment is made payable to the SOUTH PACIFIC TOURISM ORGANISATION and will need to make reference to your specific invoice number, in order for the SPTE Secretariat to identify and receipt you for your payment. Save your receipt and print it for your reference and information
This will open from Thursday 28th March, 2019. You will be receiving an email from the SPTE secretariat with your access codes to log in online to start making your appointments upon receipt of payment.
SPTO will be providing accommodation on complimentary basis (FOC) for three (3) nights only: 8th – 10th May, 2019 at:
- Grand Millennium Hotel, Auckland City, New Zealand.
The SPTE Secretariat will book your accommodation at the Grand Millennium Hotel arranged for SPTE Buyers. Please note that your Accommodation will only be confirmed upon receipt of registration payment.
Please ensure to inform us if you do not require hotel accommodation to be arranged for you.
The Hotel is currently holding rooms under a group booking specially for SPTE Buyers. Please note that SPTO will only cover cost for room only and any additional requests will need to be directed to the hotels by the individual Buyers.
For further information on these accommodation options, go to: Buyers Accommodation page.
For clarification or enquiries, please contact the SPTE Secretariat on:
Phone: +679 3304177 || Fax: +679 3301995
SPTE Buyer Testimonial
“I am attending SPTE in order to get a good insight into product news and new products from the South Pacific region. I am very supportive of one event representing the whole region. The combination with ATE works perfectly for me as a European buyer, taking into account the travel distances from Europe”.– Sebastian Martens (FTI Touristik)
It was a great to experience SPTE17 in Sydney for the first time and hope I will attend many more. Meeting with the suppliers of Tourism, Hoteliers and Cruise products in Fiji and the South Pacific Islands that Fiji Airways services was very helpful in gaining knowledge to better promote Fiji and beyond in the Canadian market. I look forward to working more closely with all of the suppliers that I met with in 2017 and look forward to Adelaide in 2018! – Coral Perry, Area Sales Manager (Fiji Airways, Canada)
It was really good to be do SPTE straight after ATE. Same city and location of the venue which made it very efficient for me. Something that I think is very important for all the buyers that travel from a long haul destination.
The SPTE show was very well organized. From the early phases with the Marcom ACE system to the day of event. The appointment time was good and breaks between the meetings had enough time (almost too long breaks).
Well done SPTO! – NICOLAS PETERSSON, Product Manager (Tour Pacific Scandinavia AB)